pgsql: Support SSE2 intrinsics where available

От John Naylor
Тема pgsql: Support SSE2 intrinsics where available
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Support SSE2 intrinsics where available

SSE2 vector instructions are part of the spec for the 64-bit x86
architecture. Until now we have relied on the compiler to autovectorize
in some limited situations, but some useful coding idioms can only be
expressed explicitly via compiler intrinsics. To this end, add a header
that defines USE_SSE2 where available. While x86-only for now, we can
add other architectures in the future. This will also be the intended
place for helper functions that use vector operations.

Reviewed by Nathan Bossart and Masahiko Sawada

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAFBsxsE2G_H_5Wbw%2BNOPm70-BK4xxKf86-mRzY%3DL2sLoQqM%2B-Q%40mail.gmail.com

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/56f2c7b58bda00ea5ecc56a93467ed9eae6b3db7

Modified Files
src/include/port/simd.h | 30 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
1 file changed, 30 insertions(+)

От: Masahiko Sawada
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Add wait_for_subscription_sync for TAP tests.
От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: pgsql: Fix inconsistent comments for some function declarations in head