Re: Is it possible to redirect an update/insert/delete to a different table?

От Andy Ballingall
Тема Re: Is it possible to redirect an update/insert/delete to a different table?
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Hello Jaime,

I'm still not quite clear.

Say I have a number of different updates on a table 'apples' in my code,
including:

UPDATE apples set pips=6 and color='yellow' where id=3;
UPDATE apples set size=10 where id=6;

What would a rule look like which, when *any* update is attempted on the
apples table, will instead apply the update to a different table - 'pears'.

I get this far:

CREATE rule pears_instead_of_apples AS ON UPDATE TO applesDO INSTEAD UPDATE INTO pears .....;

What do I put where the ..... is, so that the rule will transparently update
the pears table with whatever values happened to be defined by the original
update command? Is there a special keyword that I've missed?

Regards,
Andy Ballingall

От: Joost Kraaijeveld
Сообщение: Re: Trigger / rule question
От: Andreas Kretschmer
Сообщение: Re: Is it possible to redirect an update/insert/delete to a different table?