Re: Is it possible to redirect an update/insert/delete to a different table?

От Andreas Kretschmer
Тема Re: Is it possible to redirect an update/insert/delete to a different table?
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Andy Ballingall <andy@areyoulocal.co.uk> schrieb:

> Hello Peter,
>
> I'm glad it's possible, but I can't see how from the documentation.
>
> Say if I have a table called 'apples' and a table called 'pears'.
>
> What would the rule look like that would remap all updates on apples so that
> they were applied to pears instead?

create rule apples_pears_update as on update to apples do instead update pears set name= NEW.name where id=NEW.id ;

test=# select * from apples ;id | name
----+------ 1 | a
(1 row)

test=# select * from pears ;id | name
----+------ 1 | b
(1 row)

test=# update apples set name = 'c' where id = 1;
UPDATE 1
test=# select * from pears ;id | name
(1 row)

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/rules-update.html

HTH, Andreas
unintentional side effect. (Linus Torvalds)

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Andy Ballingall
Сообщение: Re: Is it possible to redirect an update/insert/delete to a different table?
От: Andy Ballingall
Сообщение: Re: Is it possible to redirect an update/insert/delete to a different table?