Re: Is it possible to redirect an update/insert/delete to a different table?

От Andy Ballingall
Тема Re: Is it possible to redirect an update/insert/delete to a different table?
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Hello Peter,

I'm glad it's possible, but I can't see how from the documentation.

Say if I have a table called 'apples' and a table called 'pears'.

What would the rule look like that would remap all updates on apples so that
they were applied to pears instead?

Thanks,
Andy

-------------------------

Andy Ballingall wrote:
> I've looked through rules, and as far as I can make out, they are
> only useful for explicit actions. I'm looking for something that
> behaves as though it simply substitutes the table name for a
> different table name before executing the command, no matter what the
> command looks like.

You can write a couple of rules for that.

--
Peter Eisentraut

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Jaime Casanova
Сообщение: Re: Is it possible to redirect an update/insert/delete to a different table?
От: Joost Kraaijeveld
Сообщение: Re: Trigger / rule question