RE: Postgresql database and application server compatibility

От Rickson Marshall
Тема RE: Postgresql database and application server compatibility
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thanks Laurenz.

Regards,
Rickson

-----Original Message-----
From: Laurenz Albe <laurenz.albe@cybertec.at>
Sent: Friday, September 30, 2022 12:53 PM
To: Rickson Marshall <rmarshall@c2n.com>; pgsql-general@lists.postgresql.org
Subject: Re: Postgresql database and application server compatibility

EXTERNAL EMAIL

On Fri, 2022-09-30 at 01:36 +0000, Rickson Marshall wrote:
> We will be moving from Postgresql 9.6 to Postgresql 13.XX which will be installed in our
> Rocky Linux 8 database server which will talk to our application which will be installed
> in our Windows application Server which will have a 2022 Windows Server installed in it.
>
> Please forgive me if this question is too novice in nature. Will Postgresql 13.XX installed
> in Rocky Linux 8 database server have any issues communicating with our application installed
> in our Windows application Server with a 2022 Windows Server.
>
> Please note that our application is compatible with the database Postgresql 13.XX as well
> as Windows Server 2022

If your application works with PostgreSQL v13, it will work no matter on which operating
system the server is running.

Make sure to upgrade the PostgreSQL client library on the application server as well.
The more recent that is, the better.

Test well.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

От: Laurenz Albe
Сообщение: Re: Postgresql database and application server compatibility
От: "Peter J. Holzer"
Сообщение: Re: Limiting the operations that client-side code can perform upon its database backend's artifacts