Обсуждение: Postgresql database and application server compatibility

Postgresql database and application server compatibility

От
Rickson Marshall

Hello Postgresql community,

My name is Rickson. I hope this email finds you well and I hope that I’m asking this question in the right forum. If this is not the right mailing list, please let me know in which forum should I be asking this question.

We will soon be upgrading all of our application infrastructure.   Currently we have Postgresql 9.6 installed in our Centos Linux 7 database server which talks to our application installed in our Windows application Server which has a Windows Server 2012 R2 installed in it.

We will be moving from Postgresql 9.6 to Postgresql 13.XX which will be installed in our Rocky Linux 8 database server which will talk to our application which will be installed in our Windows application Server which will have a 2022 Windows Server installed in it.

Please forgive me if this question is too novice in nature. Will Postgresql 13.XX installed in Rocky Linux 8 database server have any issues communicating with our application installed in our Windows application Server with a 2022 Windows Server.

Please note that our application is compatible with the database Postgresql 13.XX as well as Windows Server 2022

From

Postgresql 9.6 installed in our Centos Linux 7 database server

Postgresql 13.XX installed in our Rocky Linux 8 database server

From

Windows application Server with a 2012 Windows Server R2 edition

Windows application Server with a 2022 Windows Server

Thanks,

Rickson

Re: Postgresql database and application server compatibility

От
Ron
Дата:
Pg13 listens on port 5432 just like Pg 9.6, if that's what you mean.

On 9/29/22 20:36, Rickson Marshall wrote:
@font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}@font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {margin:0in; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}span.EmailStyle17 {mso-style-type:personal-compose; font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif; color:windowtext;}.MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}div.WordSection1 {page:WordSection1;}

[...]

Laurenz Albe
Дата:
On Fri, 2022-09-30 at 01:36 +0000, Rickson Marshall wrote:
> We will be moving from Postgresql 9.6 to Postgresql 13.XX which will be installed in our
> Rocky Linux 8 database server which will talk to our application which will be installed
> in our Windows application Server which will have a 2022 Windows Server installed in it.
>
> Please forgive me if this question is too novice in nature. Will Postgresql 13.XX installed
> in Rocky Linux 8 database server have any issues communicating with our application installed
> in our Windows application Server with a 2022 Windows Server.
>
> Please note that our application is compatible with the database Postgresql 13.XX as well
> as Windows Server 2022

If your application works with PostgreSQL v13, it will work no matter on which operating
system the server is running.

Make sure to upgrade the PostgreSQL client library on the application server as well.
The more recent that is, the better.

Test well.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

RE: Postgresql database and application server compatibility

От
Rickson Marshall
Дата:
Thanks Laurenz.