RE: Wiki Antivirus question (+ editor request)

От Thomas, Richard
Тема RE: Wiki Antivirus question (+ editor request)
Дата
Список pgsql-www
[Joe] - thanks for giving me edit permissions on the Wiki Page.

However, before editing the page I need to find out if "postgresql.exe" is indeed a typo/legacy issue and it should
read"postgres.exe" - maybe I need to email on one of the other PostgreSQL lists to raise such a question? I've not used
thePG email lists before, so grateful for pointers!

Richard

P.S. my original query copied here...

On the wiki page:
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Running_%26_Installing_PostgreSQL_On_Native_Windows#Antivirus_software
it warns that: "If you have any antivirus software installed, you must exclude the data directories that are to be used
byPostgreSQL and must exclude postgresql.exe process"

However, there is no file "postgresql.exe in the "9.6 or 10" PostgreSQL Windows distribution. Two paragraphs further
downit refers to "postgres.exe" (which I can see as running multiple processes on our server). Am I right in presuming
thisis either a typo (or has changed in earlier/later versions of PostgreSQL)? Grateful for feedback as I have to get
ourCorporate IT to make any changes to the (McAfee) Antivirus.

This does still seem to be a requirement as before I got the antivirus removed from the pgdata folder, it was proving
impossibleto restore the database from an AWS volume snapshot (PostgreSQL would never be able to successfully start up
unlesswe reset the WAL). The PostgreSQL crash I got last week (with 10.20) was a low level permissions error:

"server process (PID 5664) was terminated by exception 0xC0000022"
(This NT error translates as "Access Denied: A process has requested access to an object but has not been granted those
accessrights").

От: "David G. Johnston"
Сообщение: Re: archive not showing all attachements
От: Julien Rouhaud
Сообщение: Re: Wiki Antivirus question (+ editor request)