Re: Is Pgsql an OORDBMS?

От The Hermit Hacker
Тема Re: Is Pgsql an OORDBMS?
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
PostgreSQL is label'd an ORDBMS (not OO), which tends to mean that it
carries some traits of, but is not fully, OO ...

One of our developers (Chris Bitmead?) has been spending time on improving
the OO capabilities, with improvements brought into v7.0 (soon to be
released) ...

As for "comparing with MySQL" ... it doesn't.  MySQL is essentially a
bunch of flat files with an SQL implementation over top of it to access
them ... it doesn't support key features required to be construed as a
true RDBMS, main one being to me is its complete lack (and disregard) for
transactions/rollback ...

Systems Administrator @ hub.org