Re: TOAST (was: BLOB)

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: TOAST (was: BLOB)
Дата
Re: TOAST (was: BLOB)  (wieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck))
Список pgsql-sql
Jan Wieck writes:

>     I  just  successfully  stored the entire PG sources (~10M) in
>     one table.  Stored are all 936  .[chyl]  files.

Cool, then we can get rid of CVS. :-)

>     clob  is  a  user  defined,  very  simple varsize datatype, I
>     created for testing.

Keep it, it's SQL3.

>     Seems there's  something  wrong  in  our  deadlock  detection
>     algorithm.

Our deadlock detection "algorithm" is that when nothing happens for 1 sec
then that's a deadlock. Increasing that number might make those messages
go away but that's still far from an algorithm, of course.

>     I'll  need  alot  of  help  to  make  all  our existing types
>     toastable,

I'm wondering how transparent all of this will be. What is involved in
making existing types toastable? How does that affect user defined
datatypes now and in the future?

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Jeff Eckermann
Сообщение: RE: VB (Virus Builder) Virus Posted
От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: Counting distinct names