Re: DROP TABLE in transaction

От Joel Burton
Тема Re: DROP TABLE in transaction
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Thu, 12 Apr 2001, David Olbersen wrote:

> On Thu, 12 Apr 2001, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>
> > Because DROP TABLE removes the table file on disk, and you can't roll back
> > that.  Actually, in 7.1 you can.  ;-)
>
> Well I understand that it's being taken from the disk, but why does that action
> have to be done *right now*?
> Why can't it be postponed until I type 'commit;' ?
>
> I wonder how much time this addition would have saved those of us who type
> quickly and use the tab-completion too much :)

If one were inclined to do this sort of thing, it might even make sense
to argue that DROP TABLE hides the table (sets an attrib so that it
doesn't show, query planner doesn't see it, etc.); it should actually be
removed from disk when the database on VACUUM.

--
Joel Burton   <jburton@scw.org>

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: David Olbersen
Сообщение: Re: DROP TABLE in transaction
От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: enumerating rows