Re: some questions

От Nigel J. Andrews
Тема Re: some questions
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, 15 May 2002, Ang Tun Chek wrote:

> hi
>     i am new to postresql and i need some help for some sql command
>
>     what is the sql command in postresql equal to "describe table"?
>
>     what is the sql command to list all tables in the database?

Well the second of these is:

    SELECT relname FROM pg_class

However, I don't think that's really what you mean. I would suggest that you
what you want to do is connect to your database with psql. Do a \? at the
prompt and take a look at the \d commands. For example \dt will list
tables. Starting psql with the -E switch will show you the queries it
generates to do things like list the tables.

Good luck,

--
Nigel J. Andrews
Director

---
Logictree Systems Limited
Computer Consultants

От: Ang Tun Chek
Сообщение: some questions
От: Gordon Luk
Сообщение: [Fwd: [JDBC] Problem: upgrade from 7.1.3 to 7.2.1 ( database encode with ENC_TW)]