Обсуждение: some questions

some questions

От
Ang Tun Chek
Дата:
hi
    i am new to postresql and i need some help for some sql command

    what is the sql command in postresql equal to "describe table"?

    what is the sql command to list all tables in the database?

   thank you

Re: some questions

От
"Nigel J. Andrews"
Дата:
On Wed, 15 May 2002, Ang Tun Chek wrote:

> hi
>     i am new to postresql and i need some help for some sql command
>
>     what is the sql command in postresql equal to "describe table"?
>
>     what is the sql command to list all tables in the database?

Well the second of these is:

    SELECT relname FROM pg_class

However, I don't think that's really what you mean. I would suggest that you
what you want to do is connect to your database with psql. Do a \? at the
prompt and take a look at the \d commands. For example \dt will list
tables. Starting psql with the -E switch will show you the queries it
generates to do things like list the tables.

Good luck,

--
Nigel J. Andrews
Director

---
Logictree Systems Limited
Computer Consultants

Re: some questions

От
"Dorward Villaruz"
Дата:
try
#\d tablename, i hope this is what you mean