psql uses default user from kerberos ticket not the current user

От Dmitry Litvintsev
Тема psql uses default user from kerberos ticket not the current user
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Hi,

I have postgreslq 8.3.7. I have the following issue:

$ psql databasename
psql: FATAL:  role "litvinse" does not exist

If found the workaround:

$ kdestroy
$ psql databasename

       \h for help with SQL commands
       \? for help with psql commands
       \q to quit

databasename=#

Apparently default user is extracted from kerberos ticket. Is it possible
to disable this behavior and take current unix user as default user.

I would like to explicitly specify the username to psql and not to execute
kdestroy.

thank you,
--
Dmitry Litvintsev

От: Scott Marlowe
Сообщение: Re: Avoiding duplicates (or at least marking them as such) in a "cumulative" transaction table.
От: Vick Khera
Сообщение: Re: postgresql 8.2 startup script