Обсуждение: psql uses default user from kerberos ticket not the current user

psql uses default user from kerberos ticket not the current user

От
Dmitry Litvintsev

I have postgreslq 8.3.7. I have the following issue:

$ psql databasename
psql: FATAL:  role "litvinse" does not exist

If found the workaround:

$ kdestroy
$ psql databasename

       \h for help with SQL commands
       \? for help with psql commands
       \q to quit

databasename=#

Apparently default user is extracted from kerberos ticket. Is it possible
to disable this behavior and take current unix user as default user.

I would like to explicitly specify the username to psql and not to execute
kdestroy.

thank you,
--
Dmitry Litvintsev

Re: psql uses default user from kerberos ticket not the current user

Дата:
Dmitry Litvintsev <litvinse@fnal.gov> writes:
> Apparently default user is extracted from kerberos ticket. Is it possible
> to disable this behavior and take current unix user as default user.

We no longer do that as of 8.4 and later.  You could possibly back-patch
the change if you are not in a position to update to 8.4:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2009-01/msg00163.php

            regards, tom lane