Re: [HACKERS] Priorities for 6.6

От Dmitry Samersoff
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Priorities for 6.6
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 08-Jun-99 Jan Wieck wrote:
> Kaare Rasmussen wrote:
>

>> >     If  there's  (only  one)  Perl  PROGRAMMER  out  in the world
>> >     reading this, who does see a (however small)  possibility  to
>> >     explain  how to integrate a Perl interpreter into PostgreSQL,
>> >     RESPOND!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>> Well I'm a Perl programmer. I don't have a clue about how to integrate
>> Perl into PostgreSQL, but it should be possible.
>>
>> I'd like to help. I know Perl, but nothing about the internals of
>> PostgreSQL and I don't code C.
>
>     That's the point and why I wrote programmer in capitals (REAL
>     PROGRAMMERS STILL THINK AND TALK IN CAPITALS). It's not  Perl
>     script-writing   what's   needed   at  this  stage.  We  need
>     programmers that are familiar with the  C  API  of  Perl  and
>     could  easily  write  things  like the Pg package. And that's
>     still not enough knowledge.

Ok!
I have no problems writing C package like Pg.pm to use with Perl 5.x.

However, IMHO all tasks requiring such packages
can better be done using C++ and STL.

---
Dmitry Samersoff, dms@wplus.net, ICQ:3161705
http://devnull.wplus.net
* There will come soft rains ...

От: Oleg Broytmann
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] PL/Lang (was: Priorities for 6.6)
От: Thomas Lockhart
Сообщение: I don't like LIKE