Re: Multiple hosts in connection string failed to failover in non-hot standby mode

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Multiple hosts in connection string failed to failover in non-hot standby mode
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, May 06, 2021 at 01:22:27PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Hm.  I'd debated whether to clear conn->errorMessage at the end of
> a successful connection sequence, and decided not to on the grounds
> that it might be interesting info (eg it could tell you why you
> ended up connected to server Y and not server X).  But perhaps
> it's too much of a compatibility break for this small benefit.
>
> I'm curious though why it took this long for anyone to complain.
> I'd supposed that people were running sqlsmith against HEAD on
> a pretty regular basis.

FWIW, I think that the case of getting some information about any
failed connections while a connection has been successfully made
within the scope of the connection string parameters provided by the
user is rather thin, and I really feel that this is going to cause
more pain to users than this is worth it.  So my vote would be to
clean up conn->errorMessage after a successful connection.

Now, I would not mind either if we finish by taking a decision here
after beta1, to see if there are actual complains on the matter based
on the feedback we get.
--
Michael

От: Etsuro Fujita
Сообщение: Re: Asynchronous Append on postgres_fdw nodes.
От: "tanghy.fnst@fujitsu.com"
Сообщение: RE: Remove "FROM" in "DELETE FROM" when using tab-completion