Re: PG 16 draft release notes ready

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: PG 16 draft release notes ready
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, May 20, 2023 at 10:59:20AM +0800, jian he wrote:

> Sorry for changing the subject line.....
>
> these two commits seems not mentioned.
> Fix ts_headline() edge cases for empty query and empty search text.
> https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commit;h=
> 029dea882a7aa34f46732473eed7c917505e6481

I usually don't cover bug fixes for rare cases that used to generate
errors.  However, the bigger issue is that this commit did not appear in
my output of git_changelog because it was backpatched, as indicated in
the commit text.

> Simplify the implementations of the to_reg* functions.
> https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commit;h=

The commit for this is:

    Author: Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
    2022-12-27 [3ea7329c9] Simplify the implementations of the to_reg*
    functions.

        Simplify the implementations of the to_reg* functions.

        Given the soft-input-error feature, we can reduce these functions
        to be just thin wrappers around a soft-error call of the
        corresponding datatype input function.  This means less code and
        more certainty that the to_reg* functions match the normal input
        behavior.

-->        Notably, it also means that they will accept numeric OID input,
-->        which they didn't before.  It's not clear to me if that omission
        had more than laziness behind it, but it doesn't seem like
        something we need to work hard to preserve.

        Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/3910031.1672095600@sss.pgh.pa.us

The change is that to_reg* functions can now accept OIDs, which I didn't
notice when I read the commit message.  I have added this release note
item:

    <!--
    Author: Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
    2022-12-27 [3ea7329c9] Simplify the implementations of the to_reg* functions.
    -->

    <listitem>
    <para>
    Allow to_reg* functions to accept OIDs parameters (Tom Lane)
    </para>
    </listitem>

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: PG 16 draft release notes ready
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: PG 16 draft release notes ready