Re: PG 16 draft release notes ready

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: PG 16 draft release notes ready
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, May 20, 2023 at 12:59:35AM +0800, jian he wrote:
>     Add function pg_dissect_walfile_name() to report the segment and timeline
>     values of WAL file names (Bharath Rupireddy)
>
> https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commit;h=
> 13e0d7a603852b8b05c03b45228daabffa0cced2
> the function rename to pg_split_walfile_name.

Fixed.  I copied the commit that did the rename, but forgot to actually
update the release note text to match.

> seems didn't mention pg_input_is_valid,pg_input_error_info?
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/functions-info.html#
> FUNCTIONS-INFO-VALIDITY-TABLE

Good point.  I incorrectly interpreted the commit text as part of our
test infrastuture and not the addition of two SQL functions:

    Add test scaffolding for soft error reporting from input functions.

    pg_input_is_valid() returns boolean, while pg_input_error_message()
    returns the primary error message if the input is bad, or NULL
    if the input is OK.  The main reason for having two functions is
    so that we can test both the details-wanted and the no-details-wanted
    code paths.

I have added this release note item:

    <!--
    Author: Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
    2022-12-09 [1939d2628] Add test scaffolding for soft error reporting from input
    -->

    <listitem>
    <para>
    Add functions pg_input_is_valid() and pg_input_error_message() to check for type conversion errors (Tom Lane)
    </para>
    </listitem>

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: PG 16 draft release notes ready
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: PG 16 draft release notes ready