Re: Test slots invalidations in 035_standby_logical_decoding.pl only if dead rows are removed

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Test slots invalidations in 035_standby_logical_decoding.pl only if dead rows are removed
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jan 11, 2024 at 11:00:01PM +0300, Alexander Lakhin wrote:
> Bertrand, I've relaunched tests in the same slowed down VM with both
> patches applied (but with no other modifications) and got a failure
> with pg_class, similar to what we had seen before:
> 9       #   Failed test 'activeslot slot invalidation is logged with vacuum on pg_class'
> 9       #   at t/035_standby_logical_decoding.pl line 230.
>
> Please look at the logs attached (I see there Standby/RUNNING_XACTS near
> 'invalidating obsolete replication slot "row_removal_inactiveslot"').

Standby/RUNNING_XACTS is exactly why 039_end_of_wal.pl uses wal_level
= minimal, because these lead to unpredictible records inserted,
impacting the reliability of the tests.  We cannot do that here,
obviously.  That may be a long shot, but could it be possible to tweak
the test with a retry logic, retrying things if such a standby
snapshot is found because we know that the invalidation is not going
to work anyway?
--
Michael

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: Emit fewer vacuum records by reaping removable tuples during pruning
От: "Euler Taveira"
Сообщение: Re: speed up a logical replica setup