SV: SV: pg_service.conf and client support

От Niels Jespersen
Тема SV: SV: pg_service.conf and client support
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Fra: Laurenz Albe <laurenz.albe@cybertec.at>
Sendt: 15. juni 2020 15:36
Til: Niels Jespersen <NJN@dst.dk>; pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Emne: Re: SV: pg_service.conf and client support

On Mon, 2020-06-15 at 11:58 +0000, Niels Jespersen wrote:
> > For your examples that means:
> > - The PostgreSQL ODBC server can use pg_service.conf
> > - NpgSQL cannot use the file.
>
> You mention that the PostgreSQL ODBC driver can use pg_service.conf.
> But I cannot find any examples om how to construct a connectionstring that PostgreSQL ODBC will accept?

After looking at the code, I am no longer sure.

There doesn't seem to be a way to specify a general connection string.

You could try setting the environment variable PGSERVICE to specify the service.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

That is the way to do it. It works. Connectionstring

'Driver={PostgreSQL Unicode(x64)}'

And environment variables

PGSERVICEFILE and PGSERVICE

Will connect you. Thank you for helping with this.

Regards Niels

От: Laurenz Albe
Сообщение: Re: TOAST table size in bytes growing despite working autovacuum
От: Ron Clarke
Сообщение: Re: Assigning values to a range in Pgsql and inclusive / exclusive bounds