Re: ResourceOwner refactoring

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: ResourceOwner refactoring
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 04/06/2024 01:49, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> A straightforward fix is to modify RelationFlushRelation() so that if
> !IsTransactionState(), it just marks the entry as invalid instead of
> calling RelationClearRelation(). That's what RelationClearRelation()
> would do anyway, if it didn't hit the assertion first.

Here's a patch with that straightforward fix. Your test case hit the
"rd_createSubid != InvalidSubTransactionId" case, I expanded it to also
cover the "rd_firstRelfilelocatorSubid != InvalidSubTransactionId" case.
Barring objections, I'll commit this later today or tomorrow. Thanks for
the report!

I started a new thread with the bigger refactorings I had in mind:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/9c9e8908-7b3e-4ce7-85a8-00c0e165a3d6%40iki.fi

--
Heikki Linnakangas
Neon (https://neon.tech)

От: Heikki Linnakangas
Сообщение: Relcache refactoring
От: Dilip Kumar
Сообщение: Re: Conflict Detection and Resolution