Re: 32 bit DLL's

От Pierre Couderc
Тема Re: 32 bit DLL's
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Le 10/13/23 à 11:55, Dave Cramer a écrit :

On Fri, 13 Oct 2023 at 05:45, Dave Cramer <davecramer@postgres.rocks> wrote:

Dave Cramer

On Fri, 13 Oct 2023 at 03:59, Pierre Couderc <pierre@couderc.eu> wrote:
Le 10/12/23 à 15:17, Dave Cramer a écrit :
I noticed that the project currently provides 32bit DLL's in the release.

Is anyone using them?

Dave Cramer

Absolutely !

We have migrated a big old ODBC 32 bits project from Access/SQL Server to ODBC32bits  Postgresql because of stability of Postgresql.  Many 32bits projects developed in 90's continue to be used and run on modern computers...

We maintain old VC6 32bits projects (MS FORTRAN+MS VC6+ODBC) using an XP VM on modern (linux...) computer. And the .exe resulting  of these projects run on W10/W11 computers with  modern Posgresql...

Independence of MS is strategic !

Pierre Couderc

OK, I think I have the message :)

Thanks

Dave

Building PostgreSQL on 32bits in order to get libpq dll's seems to be challenging. If anyone has some experience doing this, let me know.

Also I plan on moving development to github postgresql-interfaces/psqlodbc (github.com)

Dave

Mmm, sorry I know nothing of "building 32 bits dll" but the only point is to keep PSQLODBC30A.DLL ans PSQLODBC35W.DLL as they are now.

Moreover, I do not think useful (for me!!) to add modern new features of last Postgesql to the ODBC 32bits interface, that is "maintain" but not necessarily "improve"...

PC