Обсуждение: 32 bit DLL's

32 bit DLL's

От
Dave Cramer
Дата:
I noticed that the project currently provides 32bit DLL's in the release.

Is anyone using them?

Dave Cramer

RE: 32 bit DLL's

От
Kamil ADEM

Yes, Dave.

We are using them. We have a 32-bit application that we are migrating from MSSQL.

Kamil Adem

Aqvila Software

From: Dave Cramer <davecramer@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, October 12, 2023 4:17 PM
To: PostgreSQL mailing lists <pgsql-odbc@postgresql.org>
Subject: 32 bit DLL's

I noticed that the project currently provides 32bit DLL's in the release.

Is anyone using them?

Dave Cramer

Re: 32 bit DLL's

От
Jon Raiford

Yes, we are using them as well. Please do not abandon 32-bits.

Jon

(sorry for the duplicate email – I forgot to reply all)

From: Dave Cramer <davecramer@gmail.com>
Date: Thursday, October 12, 2023 at 9:26 AM

I noticed that the project currently provides 32bit DLL's in the release.

Is anyone using them?

Dave Cramer

Re: 32 bit DLL's

От
"M. Neumann - Prisma Computer"
Дата:
Yes, we are using them inside a 32bit windows application written in Delphi.

--
Prisma Computer GmbH
Sternallee 89  -  68723 Schwetzingen

Geschäftsführung: Gerald Wilkens, Bernhard Goebel
Amtsgericht Mannheim HRB 420986 S
USt-IdNr.: DE 144 278 153

Re: 32 bit DLL's

От
"Wal, Jan Tjalling van der"
Дата:
Yes also at my place of work.
Access front-end(s) links to Postgresql via ODBC. For several colleagues the Office is still 32-bits, so requires 32-bits DLL.

Kind regards, Jan Tjalling

From: Dave Cramer <davecramer@gmail.com>
Date: Thursday, October 12, 2023 at 9:26 AM

I noticed that the project currently provides 32bit DLL's in the release.

Is anyone using them?

Dave Cramer

Re: 32 bit DLL's

От
Brad White

Continuing with the top posting so as not to confuse things.

Same here. Our whole office runs on a 32-bit Access app connected via ODBC to Postgres 15.

Thanks,
Brad.

@font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"}@font-face {font-family:Calibri}@font-face {font-family:Aptos}p.x_MsoNormal, li.x_MsoNormal, div.x_MsoNormal {margin:0in; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif}span.x_EmailStyle18 {font-family:"Aptos",sans-serif; color:windowtext}.x_MsoChpDefault {font-size:10.0pt}div.x_WordSection1 {}

From: Dave Cramer <davecramer@gmail.com>
Date: Thursday, October 12, 2023 at 9:26 AM

I noticed that the project currently provides 32bit DLL's in the release.

Is anyone using them?

Dave Cramer

--
I talk with clients, find out where their pain points are, and solve those.
On-call IT Management for small companies and non-profits.

Quote of the Day
   There is a huge difference between fathering a child and being a father.
   One produces a child. The other produces an adult.
    -- John Eldredge

Re: 32 bit DLL's

От
Pierre Couderc
Дата:
Le 10/12/23 à 15:17, Dave Cramer a écrit :
I noticed that the project currently provides 32bit DLL's in the release.

Is anyone using them?

Dave Cramer

Absolutely !

We have migrated a big old ODBC 32 bits project from Access/SQL Server to ODBC32bits  Postgresql because of stability of Postgresql.  Many 32bits projects developed in 90's continue to be used and run on modern computers...

We maintain old VC6 32bits projects (MS FORTRAN+MS VC6+ODBC) using an XP VM on modern (linux...) computer. And the .exe resulting  of these projects run on W10/W11 computers with  modern Posgresql...

Independence of MS is strategic !

Pierre Couderc

Re: 32 bit DLL's

От
Dave Cramer

Dave Cramer
www.postgres.rocks

On Fri, 13 Oct 2023 at 03:59, Pierre Couderc <pierre@couderc.eu> wrote:
Le 10/12/23 à 15:17, Dave Cramer a écrit :
I noticed that the project currently provides 32bit DLL's in the release.

Is anyone using them?

Dave Cramer

Absolutely !

We have migrated a big old ODBC 32 bits project from Access/SQL Server to ODBC32bits  Postgresql because of stability of Postgresql.  Many 32bits projects developed in 90's continue to be used and run on modern computers...

We maintain old VC6 32bits projects (MS FORTRAN+MS VC6+ODBC) using an XP VM on modern (linux...) computer. And the .exe resulting  of these projects run on W10/W11 computers with  modern Posgresql...

Independence of MS is strategic !

Pierre Couderc

OK, I think I have the message :)

Thanks

Dave

Re: 32 bit DLL's

От
Dave Cramer

On Fri, 13 Oct 2023 at 05:45, Dave Cramer <davecramer@postgres.rocks> wrote:

[...]

Building PostgreSQL on 32bits in order to get libpq dll's seems to be challenging. If anyone has some experience doing this, let me know.

Also I plan on moving development to github postgresql-interfaces/psqlodbc (github.com)

Dave

Re: 32 bit DLL's

От
Pierre Couderc
Дата:
Le 10/13/23 à 11:55, Dave Cramer a écrit :

[...]

Mmm, sorry I know nothing of "building 32 bits dll" but the only point is to keep PSQLODBC30A.DLL ans PSQLODBC35W.DLL as they are now.

Moreover, I do not think useful (for me!!) to add modern new features of last Postgesql to the ODBC 32bits interface, that is "maintain" but not necessarily "improve"...

PC