Re: Postgres cursor taking 2 hrs to update the table

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Postgres cursor taking 2 hrs to update the table
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 12/24/19 2:32 AM, M Tarkeshwar Rao wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have the 10 application processes(each process having 12 threads and
> each of have updating 8 million rows in the shared memory) which are
> reading the data from single postgres database. We are using database
> cursors in C++ to fetch the data and updating the shared memory. There
> is the timer attached, where all the processor threads going to fetch
> the data.
>
> The issue is that sometimes it is fetching all the data in few seconds
> and sometimes it is taking 2 hrs.
>
> /What could be the issue. Can you please guide me to resolve the issue?/

By providing more information:

1) Postgres version?

2) OS and version?

3) Where the client and server are relative to each other?

4) Any relevant information from the Postgres log?

You might also look at:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/11/auto-explain.html

--
Adrian Klaver