Re: not able to execute query on spatial database.

От Aaron Bono
Тема Re: not able to execute query on spatial database.
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On 10/27/06, vamsee movva <vamseejump@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello all,
           I am working with spatial tables. i have two spatial data tables, one represents the whole state and another table represents the damaged locations in the state. My aim is to find number of damaged locations in every county or parish.
Here i am giving the query i used to do this, could you please tell me whether i am doing right thing or not.

select count(*) from damagedlocations l1,county l2 where (l2.the_geom and l1.the_geom) and l2.parishid=particular_parishid;

thanks in advance.
vamsee movva

What is your table structure?  I think you mean (l2.the_geom = l1.the_geom) .  If you use l2.parishid=particular_parishid then you are not going to get EVERY country or parish.

Have you run this query?  If so, what are you getting, is it right and if so why not?

   Aaron Bono
   Aranya Software Technologies, Inc.
   http://www.aranya.com
   http://codeelixir.com

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: "Jon Horsman"
Сообщение: Re: How to query information schema from shell script
От: "George Pavlov"
Сообщение: Re: How to query information schema from shell script