PgAdmin cannot locate my server

От Wetmore, Matthew (CTR)
Тема PgAdmin cannot locate my server
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I'm assuming this is windows.
I ran into this when PGAdmin is fine with qualified DNS hostname, but the pg_pass file couldn't resolve and needed
dottedquad.

The corporate-world structure of windows networking and permissions is a mystery to me...

Just use the dotted quad and move along! lol

From cmd:

nslookup < ple.mydomain.com >

pg_pass.conf
<IP.IP.IP.IP>:<port>:<db>:<User>:<PASSWORD>

-----Original Message-----
From: John Scalia <jayknowsunix@gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, April 17, 2023 12:45 PM
To: Pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin@lists.postgresql.org>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] PgAdmin cannot locate my server

I’ve got something really weird going on. My laptop can easily find my PLE production (production like environment)
usinga normal nslookup, but PgAdmin emits an error saying could not translate host name “ple.mydomain.com” host to
address:Unknown host

So where is PgAdmin looking regarding DNS entries? I would think that if the laptop can find it, that any app running
onit should be able to do so.

—
Jay

Sent from my iPad6

От: Holger Jakobs
Сообщение: Re: pg_cancel_backend and pg_terminate_backend
От: Rui DeSousa
Сообщение: Re: pg_cancel_backend and pg_terminate_backend