Re: allow granting CLUSTER, REFRESH MATERIALIZED VIEW, and REINDEX

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: allow granting CLUSTER, REFRESH MATERIALIZED VIEW, and REINDEX
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 2023-06-21 at 07:53 +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> I am not sure to understand this last sentence.  REINDEX on a
> partitioned table builds a list of the indexes to work on in the
> first
> transaction processing the command in ReindexPartitions(), and there
> is no need to process partitioned indexes as these have no storage,
> so
> your suggestion is a no-op?

What I meant is that if you do:

  CREATE TABLE p(i INT, j INT) PARTITION BY RANGE (i);
  CREATE TABLE p0 PARTITION OF p FOR VALUES FROM (00) TO (10);
  CREATE TABLE p1 PARTITION OF p FOR VALUES FROM (10) TO (20);
  CREATE INDEX p_idx ON p (i);
  CREATE INDEX special_idx ON p0 (j);
  GRANT MAINTAIN ON p TO foo;
  \c - foo
  REINDEX TABLE p;

That would reindex p0_i_idx and p1_i_idx, but skip special_idx. That
might be too confusing, but feels a bit more consistent permissions-
wise.

Regards,
    Jeff Davis

От: James Coleman
Сообщение: Re: Use of additional index columns in rows filtering
От: Jeff Davis
Сообщение: Re: allow granting CLUSTER, REFRESH MATERIALIZED VIEW, and REINDEX