Re: allow granting CLUSTER, REFRESH MATERIALIZED VIEW, and REINDEX

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: allow granting CLUSTER, REFRESH MATERIALIZED VIEW, and REINDEX
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 2023-06-20 at 15:52 -0700, Nathan Bossart wrote:
> At the moment, I think I'm inclined to call this "existing behavior"
> since
> we didn't check privileges for each partition in this case even
> before
> MAINTAIN was introduced.  IIUC we still process the individual
> partitions
> in v15 regardless of whether the calling user owns the partition.

That's fine with me. I just wanted to bring it up in case someone else
thought it was a problem.

> However, I do agree that it feels inconsistent.  Besides the options
> you
> proposed, we might also consider making REINDEX work a bit more like
> VACUUM
> and ANALYZE and emit a WARNING for any relations that the user is not
> permitted to process.  But this probably deserves its own thread, and
> it
> might even need to wait until v17.

Yes, we can revisit for 17.

Regards,
    Jeff Davis

От: Jeff Davis
Сообщение: Re: allow granting CLUSTER, REFRESH MATERIALIZED VIEW, and REINDEX
От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: Remove deprecation warnings when compiling PG ~13 with OpenSSL 3.0~