Re: log_min_messages = warning

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: log_min_messages = warning
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 9/6/22 12:07, Dirschel, Steve wrote:
> We recently upgraded from postgres 12.8 to 14.3.  We are running Aurora
> Postgres on AWS.
>
> We have procedures that will make calls to RAISE NOTICE to write out
> messages if you interactively call the procedure through psql.  These
> procedures are getting called by pg_cron.
>
> Since upgrading these RAISE NOTICE messages are getting written to the
> postgres log file:
>
> For example:
>
> 13:45:00.720882-05
>
> CONTEXT: PL/pgSQL function perf.snap_stats() line 242 at RAISE
>
> 2022-09-06 18:45:01 UTC::@:[21535]:LOG: cron job 2: NOTICE: Snapping
> dba_hist_system_event at 2022-09-06 13:45:00.725818-05
>
> Log_min_messages is set to warning so my understanding is that should
> only log messages at warning, error, log, fatal, or panic.  Any idea how
> to troubleshoot why these are getting written to the log file?

1) Has log_min_messages been commented out?

2) Was the setting changed from something else?

3) If 2) was the server reloaded/restarted to catch the change?

4) Are you sure you are looking at the correct setting?

Try:

select setting, source, sourcefile, pending_restart from pg_settings
where name = 'log_min_messages';

to see if the value is coming from something like an include file.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: Levi Aul
Сообщение: Feature proposal: immutable/sealed partitions (and maybe tables, too)
От: "Dirschel, Steve"
Сообщение: RE: [EXT] Re: log_min_messages = warning