RE: [EXT] Re: log_min_messages = warning

От Dirschel, Steve
Тема RE: [EXT] Re: log_min_messages = warning
Дата
Список pgsql-general
>On 9/6/22 12:07, Dirschel, Steve wrote:
>> We recently upgraded from postgres 12.8 to 14.3.  We are running
>> Aurora Postgres on AWS.
>>
>> We have procedures that will make calls to RAISE NOTICE to write out
>> messages if you interactively call the procedure through psql.  These
>> procedures are getting called by pg_cron.
>>
>> Since upgrading these RAISE NOTICE messages are getting written to the
>> postgres log file:
>>
>> For example:
>>
>> 13:45:00.720882-05
>>
>> CONTEXT: PL/pgSQL function perf.snap_stats() line 242 at RAISE
>>
>> 2022-09-06 18:45:01 UTC::@:[21535]:LOG: cron job 2: NOTICE: Snapping
>> dba_hist_system_event at 2022-09-06 13:45:00.725818-05
>>
>> Log_min_messages is set to warning so my understanding is that should
>> only log messages at warning, error, log, fatal, or panic.  Any idea
>> how to troubleshoot why these are getting written to the log file?
>

>1) Has log_min_messages been commented out?
>
>2) Was the setting changed from something else?
>
>3) If 2) was the server reloaded/restarted to catch the change?
>
>4) Are you sure you are looking at the correct setting?
>
>Try:
>
>select setting, source, sourcefile, pending_restart from pg_settings where name = 'log_min_messages';
>
>to see if the value is coming from something like an include file.
>

>> Thanks
>>
>>This e-mail is for the sole use of the intended recipient and contains
>> information that may be privileged and/or confidential. If you are not
>> an intended recipient, please notify the sender by return e-mail and
>> delete this e-mail and any attachments. Certain required legal entity
>> disclosures can be accessed on our website:
>> https://www.thomsonreuters.com/en/resources/disclosures.html
>>

>--
>Adrian Klaver
>adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

shgroup02s=> select setting, source, sourcefile, pending_restart from pg_settings where name = 'log_min_messages';
 setting | source  | sourcefile | pending_restart
 warning | default |            | f
(1 row)

Regards
Steve

От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: log_min_messages = warning
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: [EXT] Re: log_min_messages = warning