Re: Database access over the Internet...

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: Database access over the Internet...
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sun, Nov 16, 2008 at 3:41 AM, Michelle Konzack
<linux4michelle@tamay-dogan.net> wrote:
> Am 2008-11-15 09:53:15, schrieb Scott Marlowe:
>> What's mess up is that the solution given the user DOES work.  She
>> just refuses to try it, because she assumes that the mailing list
>> server doesn't see the exact same CC list as her email server.  Well,
>> it does, and it then drops the message outbound for her so she ONLY
>> gets it from the original sender.
>
> You did not understand the problem!!!!!!!!
>
> My Mailbox which I use for my business is bombed by  over  50.000  spams
> per day and I do already heavy filtering.  I have to read my mail  while
> I am @work which mean, MOBILE using my cellphone connected to my Laptop.

These two requirements seem at odds.  If you read your email on laptop
connected via cell phones then you don't need to be anywhere except
somewhere that has cell phone coverage.

> Since I read the List ove another channel AND already filtering  my  own
> threads (and convert it into a form which is much smaller then  E-Mails)
> to get rid of the rest from the list since I am subscribed to  over  120
> mailinglists and need less then 3% from it...

So, what other method is this?  I still don't understand the problem.
In your haste to send out an email explaining it to me, you've failed
to really explain it.  If you send the eliminatecc command to the
mailing list server it won't send you an email.  Are you saying you
read this list some other way than a subscription to the mailing list?
 Because you said quite clearly in your first message you WERE
subscribed to this list.  So, are you subscribed through another
account?  Read through USENET? If you are subscribed via this account,
and are getting an email from the user and the list, eliminatecc will
work.  Otherwise, no.

> So, peoples now sending me PMs does not help, since it DoS my system and
> make it harder for me to work since I have to walk through this messages
> I do not need because I have it already seen.

WHERE have you already seen them.  I'm still not understanding.  If
you're gonna subscribe to a list, do so with an email account that can
handle being sent emails.  One that breaks from the relatively low
traffic generated by a conversation on this list can't be even a small
percentage of the real spam it must already get.