Re: how to list privileges on the database object itself via SQL?

От Holger Jakobs
Тема Re: how to list privileges on the database object itself via SQL?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Am 26.04.23 um 20:05 schrieb Tom Lane:
> richard coleman <rcoleman.ascentgl@gmail.com> writes:
>> Thanks for that.  It still seems rather weird that there isn't a more
>> straightforward way to get access to that information.
> You could just read the system catalog documentation:
>
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/catalogs.html
>
> psql's queries are mostly useful as a shortcut to finding out
> where to look.
>
>> Also the SQL generated by psql -E doesn't seem to work on earlier versions
>> of PostgreSQL:
> Yeah, you'd need to try it against a server of the vintage you
> care about.  (Also read the documentation of the correct version.)
>
>> Are you saying that the only place this information is stored
>> is in an array in the datacl column of the pg_catalog.pg_database table?
> Precisely.
>
>> If that's the case then I am going to be forced to either write code to
>> parse out that array, or write a looping union of multiple
>> "has_database_privilege()" calls.
> You were already pointed at aclexplode(), which might help.
>
> select datname, a.* from pg_database, aclexplode(datacl) a;
>
>             regards, tom lane

\df+ aclexplode

in psql will show you more information about the function, which might
help in make good use of it.

--
Holger Jakobs, Bergisch Gladbach, Tel. +49-178-9759012

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: how to list privileges on the database object itself via SQL?
От: Erik Wienhold
Сообщение: Re: how to list privileges on the database object itself via SQL?