Re: AW: pg_dump / pg_restore version confusion

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: AW: pg_dump / pg_restore version confusion
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 7/29/20 6:38 AM, Zwettler Markus (OIZ) wrote:
> I cannot use pg_restore v9.6 on a pg_dump v12 because otherwise: pg_restore: [archiver] unsupported version (1.14) in
fileheader

> The external supplier did PG v9.5 database + pg_dump v12.
> I would have to do pg_restore v12 (as of pg_dump v12) into my PG v9.6.
> The version chain would be PG v9.5 => pg_dump v12 => pg_restore v12 => PG v9.6.
>
> That's why my question has been: would the whole chain work and is it supported?

That is one way of attempting it, though it is not supported. You could
also try pg_restore v12 on pg_dump file v9.6 to Postgres v9.6 database
as well. With the caveats that I quoted in my previous post. Ideally you
would have the supplier redo the dump of the database with a 9.6 version
of pg_dump.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: pg_dump / pg_restore version confusion
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: AW: pg_dump / pg_restore version confusion