Re: Avoid querying a specific field - how?

От Ibrahim Tekin
Тема Re: Avoid querying a specific field - how?
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
i may i misunderstood your question but it seems to me, partial indexes will work for you.
check this example: http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/indexes-partial.html#INDEXES-PARTIAL-EX2

On 2/21/06, Stefan Schwarzer <stefan.schwarzer@grid.unep.ch> wrote:
Hi,

does anyone know how to build a query that SELECTs all fields but not
a specific one? I have a couple of tables, holding statistical
information as well as the geospatial one (via Postgis). When I query
the table I'd like to query only the statistical part - not the
geospatial, which is not necessary and slows done incredibly the
query. I searched a bit within the Postgres SQL domain. It seems
there is an EXCEPT statement, but it seems that it works differently...

Thanks for any help,

Stef

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Stefan Schwarzer
Сообщение: Avoid querying a specific field - how?
От: Achilleus Mantzios
Сообщение: Re: Avoid querying a specific field - how?