Re: Is querying SPITupleTable with SQL possible?

От Chapman Flack
Тема Re: Is querying SPITupleTable with SQL possible?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 10/2/19 2:53 PM, Tom Mercha wrote:

> However, I'm not quite so sure how I can query over the
> EphemeralNamedRelation using SQL? Could someone indicate where I can
> find an example?

You could look in the documentation for CREATE TRIGGER in PG 10
or later, specifically the clauses like REFERENCING NEW TABLE AS foo.

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/sql-createtrigger.html

While the trigger function is executing, it can do SPI SQL
queries exactly as if there is a table named 'foo' sitting there,
but it only "exists" for that function and only until it returns.

Regards,
-Chap

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Proposal: Make use of C99 designated initialisers for nulls/values arrays
От: Magnus Hagander
Сообщение: Re: Online checksums patch - once again