Re: timestamps over the web - suggestions

От ljb
Тема Re: timestamps over the web - suggestions
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
chestercyoung@yahoo.com wrote:

> My server is based MST, but web clients from Maine to Hawaii, and they wish to see timestamps based in their own
locale.

> Can anyone tell me how they're handling this?  (sorry - can't get rid of my clients)

Here's a bit of JavaScript that might work for you. It sets a cookie to the
user's timezone offset (vs GMT, in minutes). You put something like this on
an initial page (portal, login page, whatever), and then subsequent pages
will be requested along with the timezone cookie. If you are using PHP, for
example, your scripts just access $_COOKIE['timezone'] and adjust things
accordingly for the user's timezone.

<script language="JavaScript1.1"><!--
var d = new Date();
document.cookie = "timezone="+d.getTimezoneOffset();
--></script>

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: "Aaron Bono"
Сообщение: Re: timestamps over the web - suggestions
От: Bruno Wolff III
Сообщение: Re: Fw: How to FindNearest