Re: pg_dump/restore problems

От Glen Brown
Тема Re: pg_dump/restore problems
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I am using Ubuntu 8LTS on both systems. How can tell where the space is going?

thanks for the help
-glen

Glen Brown

On Sat, Feb 20, 2010 at 9:52 AM, Kevin Grittner <Kevin.Grittner@wicourts.gov> wrote:
Glen Brown  wrote:

> When I dump this table using pg_dump -Fc it creates a 15 gb file. I
> am trying to restore in into a database that has 100gb of free disk
> space and it consumes it all and fails to finish the restore.

What is the platform?  (I remember having problems with large file
handling in PostgreSQL on Windows, back when I used Windows.)

Can you see where the space is going when this happens?

-Kevin

От: Scott Marlowe
Сообщение: Re: Backups
От: "Richard O. Hammer"
Сообщение: upgrading, but learned about pg_dumpall too late