Re: [SQL] question about money type

От jwieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
Тема Re: [SQL] question about money type
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:

> Thus spake Marcio Macedo
> > Hi all,
> >
> > when I do a SELECT in a money field, it returns the folowing :
> >
> > R$2.244,00
> >
> > what is correct , according with my LOCALE settings,
> > is there a way to format this result to
> >
> > 2.244,00 (without the "R$") ?
>
> Not really.  There was once some discussion about removing the currency
> string altogether on output (I even sent in patches) but it was decided
> to keep it in because no one will be using the MONEY type eventually.
> Everyone is being urged to use the NUMERIC type.

    I  really wanted to add TO_CHAR() function for NUMERIC before
    release. But there are more important items  in  the  rewrite
    system I have to fix first.

    Since  TO_CHAR()  cannot have any side effects I could add it
    until the last hour before Marc starts "closed shop".

Jan

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: "D'Arcy" "J.M." Cain
Сообщение: Re: [SQL] question about money type
От: gjerde@icebox.org
Сообщение: JOIN index/sequential select problem