Обсуждение: Feature request

Feature request

От
Justin Clift
Дата:
Hi all,

One feature which would be great to have in PgAdmin is a log analyzer.

Don't know how you'd go about getting it working, but it would provide a
useful tool in diagnosis of PostgreSQL problems.  Gilles DAROLD has
started work on one also, and it may be useful to discuss this idea with
him.

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

     - Indira Gandhi

RE: Feature request

От
Dave Page

For analysing the PostgreSQL logs I assume? What would you want to look for
- error message and that sort of thing? Though that would be more of a
filter of course...

Regards, Dave.

Re: Feature request

От
Justin Clift
Дата:
Hi Dave,

Actually I was thinking more along the lines of having the framework for
log analysis in place, and allowing people to create plug-ins.

i.e. Watching a user's session, diagnosing errors, possibly generating
roll-back data, watching for transaction processing "hot-spots" during a
day or week, etc.

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

Dave Page wrote:

<snip>

> For analysing the PostgreSQL logs I assume? What would you want to look for
> - error message and that sort of thing? Though that would be more of a
> filter of course...
>
> Regards, Dave.

     - Indira Gandhi

RE: Feature request

От
Dave Page

OK, sounds like it could be a useful addition. It is a fairly large project
though, so I'll add it to the ToDo list for now and take a proper look at it
when things quieten down a little.

Unless anyone else on the list wants to take a look?

Regards, Dave