Обсуждение: 1.2.0 on 8.0.0B3 on Win 2000

1.2.0 on 8.0.0B3 on Win 2000

От
"Yves Moisan"
Дата:
Hi,

I downloaded pgAdmin3 1.2.0 (latest as of today) and I can't connect to the postgreSQL 8.0.0beta3 instance I have running on my server.  I've been using psql for a while without any problem, but I can't connect using pgAdmin.  Is there an issue with pgB3 ?  I wished instructions in the help file were just a little more verbose.  PgAdmin shows me "Servers (1)" and shows the service "PostgreSQL Database Server 8.0-beta3-dev1" all right and it shows me the following properties :

hostname = localhost
description = PostgreSQL Database Server 8.0-beta3-dev1
Port = 5432
Initial database = template1 (I tried modiying this to "mtdb" using properties but it won't let me)
Username = postgres (now, I installed the service under a service account "postgres8b3", which is not the same as the DB superuser account "postgres")
Need passwd = Y
Connected = N
Running = Y

but the service is crossed with a red "X" so I try connecting to it and I have an error message (French system : "L'instruction à '0X6310eca2' emploie l'adresse mémoire '0x74736f6c'.  La mémoire ne peut pas être written".  There are a couple of other errors of this type in sequence and then pgAdmin3 aborts.  Could it be a problem with my postgresQL installation (win32 binaries from http://www.webbased.co.uk/mca/ see link Win 32 beta3 installer) ?

I tried refreshing, I googled for problems with beta3 on windows and found no clue.  I figured I didn't have to add a server since pgAdmin found the service.  Do I need to delete it and re-add it?  Stop/start the service? Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx you.

Yves Moisan

Re: 1.2.0 on 8.0.0B3 on Win 2000

От