Обсуждение: Translate Postgresql FAQ into Chinese

Translate Postgresql FAQ into Chinese

От
"Qingqing Zhou"
Дата:
Has anyone translate Postgresql FAQ into Chinese before? If not, I'd like to
come up with one. So I'd like to know the requirements of the translation:
like what type of the file (plain text or html) should I submit?

Regards,
Qingqing

Re: Translate Postgresql FAQ into Chinese

От
Euler Taveira de Oliveira
Дата:
Hi Qingqing,

Not that I know. See http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq/

> So I'd like to know the requirements of the
> translation:
> like what type of the file (plain text or html) should I submit?

Just grab the html version from the CVS (doc/src/FAQ/FAQ.html) and
translate it. The text version is generated with lynx.

Euler Taveira de Oliveira
euler[at]yahoo_com_br

Re: Translate Postgresql FAQ into Chinese

От
Bruce Momjian
Дата:
Qingqing Zhou wrote:
> Has anyone translate Postgresql FAQ into Chinese before? If not, I'd like to
> come up with one. So I'd like to know the requirements of the translation:
> like what type of the file (plain text or html) should I submit?

I thought there would be one here:

    http://www.pgsqldb.org/

but the FAQ entry isn't ours.  To do the translation, pull the HTML
version from our web site, translate it, and email it to the patches
list.  I will take it and add it to our next release.

Re: Translate Postgresql FAQ into Chinese

От
Robert Klein
Дата:
Bruce Momjian wrote:

>Qingqing Zhou wrote:
>

>>Has anyone translate Postgresql FAQ into Chinese before? If not, I'd like to
>>come up with one. So I'd like to know the requirements of the translation:
>>like what type of the file (plain text or html) should I submit?
>>
 > I thought there would be one here
 >  http://www.pgsqldb.org/but the FAQ entry isn't ours.
 > To do the translation, pull the HTML
 > version from our web site, translate it, and email it to the patches
 > list. I will take it and add it to our next release.

The FAQ entry there is about the web site, not about PostgreSQL. The
entry below FAQ on the left hand leads to a link collection, the first
of which points to a chinese translation of the FAQ at
http://www.pgsqldb.org/postgres-faq.html.

Regards,
Robert

Re: Translate Postgresql FAQ into Chinese

От
Bruce Momjian
Дата:
Robert Klein wrote:
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
> >Qingqing Zhou wrote:
> >

> >>Has anyone translate Postgresql FAQ into Chinese before? If not, I'd like to
> >>come up with one. So I'd like to know the requirements of the translation:
> >>like what type of the file (plain text or html) should I submit?
> >>
>  > I thought there would be one here
>  >  http://www.pgsqldb.org/but the FAQ entry isn't ours.
>  > To do the translation, pull the HTML
>  > version from our web site, translate it, and email it to the patches
>  > list. I will take it and add it to our next release.
>
> The FAQ entry there is about the web site, not about PostgreSQL. The
> entry below FAQ on the left hand leads to a link collection, the first
> of which points to a chinese translation of the FAQ at
> http://www.pgsqldb.org/postgres-faq.html.

Great. That is it.  Would you email the author, Laser, and ask him if I
can add it to our CVS and if he would send any updates to me in the
future?

Re: Translate Postgresql FAQ into Chinese

От
"Qingqing Zhou"
Дата:
"Robert Klein" <RoKlein@roklein.de> writes

> The FAQ entry there is about the web site, not about PostgreSQL. The
> entry below FAQ on the left hand leads to a link collection, the first
> of which points to a chinese translation of the FAQ at
> http://www.pgsqldb.org/postgres-faq.html.

I see, that's a PostgreSQL FAQ Chinese version.

Regards,
Qingqing

Re: Translate Postgresql FAQ into Chinese

От
Weiping
Дата:
gee, my last mail bounced back because the size of attachement.
repost here:

   I've Just catch this thread. The attachement is a plain text version
   convert using firefox. Wish it could be add to the repository.
   It's a little bit old, but we've just build a PostgreSQL i18n
   Chinese team, so, I think we could update the FAQ with the
   main postgresql  version.  and we'll very happy if Mr. Zhou
   could help it.

  Thianks and regards
   laser

Вложения

Re: Translate Postgresql FAQ into Chinese

От
Euler Taveira de Oliveira
Дата:
Hi Weiping,

>    I've Just catch this thread. The attachement is a plain text
> version
>    convert using firefox. Wish it could be add to the repository.
>    It's a little bit old, but we've just build a PostgreSQL i18n
>    Chinese team, so, I think we could update the FAQ with the
>    main postgresql  version.  and we'll very happy if Mr. Zhou
>    could help it.

I think you need to send the HTML version. The plain text version will
be generated with lynx -dump.

Euler Taveira de Oliveira
euler[at]yahoo_com_br

Re: Translate Postgresql FAQ into Chinese

От
Bruce Momjian
Дата:
Qingqing Zhou wrote:

> "Robert Klein" <RoKlein@roklein.de> writes
> >
> > The FAQ entry there is about the web site, not about PostgreSQL. The
> > entry below FAQ on the left hand leads to a link collection, the first
> > of which points to a chinese translation of the FAQ at
> > http://www.pgsqldb.org/postgres-faq.html.
> >

> I see, that's a PostgreSQL FAQ Chinese version.

Great.  I pulled the HTML version of the Chinese FAQ from
http://www.pgsqldb.org/postgres-faq.html and generated the text version
on my end. I also backpatched it to 8.0.X.  If you make changes, would
you email me a new HTML version or let me know so I can download it from
your web site and keep it up to date.  Thanks.