Обсуждение: help Request

help Request

От
"Thomas Mammen"
scenario:
1. i have postgresql running on linux machine and apache on windows.

2. i am saving all my php files in windows system.

now i  am trying
$con_string = "dbname=spamtrack port=5432 user=postgres password=postgres host=192.168.1.145";
$connection = pg_connect($con_string);

this is giving an error can you please guide me to get the solution

thanx & regards

Re: help Request

От
Shridhar Daithankar
Дата:
On Friday 11 April 2003 19:29, you wrote:
> now i  am trying
> $con_string = "dbname=spamtrack port=5432 user=postgres password=postgres
> host=192.168.1.145"; $connection = pg_connect($con_string);
>
> this is giving an error can you please guide me to get the solution

Check two things.

1. Have you started postgresql with network option? Check postgresql.conf
about how to set it and restart postmaster after you make the change.

2. Check permissions in pg_hba.conf so that you can access postgresql database
from windows machine.

Shridhar

Re: help Request

От
Jan Wieck
Дата:
> Thomas Mammen wrote:
>
> scenario:
> 1. i have postgresql running on linux machine and apache on windows.
>
> 2. i am saving all my php files in windows system.
>
> now i  am trying
> $con_string = "dbname=spamtrack port=5432 user=postgres
> password=postgres host=192.168.1.145";
> $connection = pg_connect($con_string);
>
> this is giving an error can you please guide me to get the solution

The solution is simple, do everything right and it will work.

Okay, I take my first guess (assuming I have 3 guesses before I'm out):
The error message says something like "connection refused"?

Jan

Re: help Request

От
Ken Guest
Дата:
Thomas Mammen wrote:

> scenario:
> 1. i have postgresql running on linux machine and apache on windows.
>
> 2. i am saving all my php files in windows system.
>
> now i  am trying
> $con_string = "dbname=spamtrack port=5432 user=postgres
> password=postgres host=192.168.1.145";
> $connection = pg_connect($con_string);
>
> this is giving an error can you please guide me to get the solution

you may need to change the hba conf file to permit connections from your
windows box.