Обсуждение: Help me urgently

Help me urgently

От
Kapil Malhotra
Дата:
Hi..

I am running postgres 8.0.3 on red hat 9 and i have installed pgadmin
III 1.2 on win 2000 professional client. i want to establish a
connection between win client and postgres server..

please help me with the steps

kapil

Re: Help me urgently

От
Richard Huxton
Дата:
Kapil Malhotra wrote:
> Hi..
>
> I am running postgres 8.0.3 on red hat 9 and i have installed pgadmin
> III 1.2 on win 2000 professional client. i want to establish a
> connection between win client and postgres server..

Make sure your server is actually listening for internet connections.
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/runtime-config.html#RUNTIME-CONFIG-CONNECTION

Configure your pg_hba.conf file for whatever means of authentication you
prefer (e.g. password).
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/client-authentication.html

Fill in the connection details on pgadmin, and you should be away!
--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd

Re: Help me urgently

От
"Karl O. Pinc"
Дата:
On 06/23/2005 10:28:49 AM, Richard Huxton wrote:
> Kapil Malhotra wrote:
>> Hi..
>>
>> I am running postgres 8.0.3 on red hat 9 and i have installed pgadmin
>> III 1.2 on win 2000 professional client. i want to establish a
>> connection between win client and postgres server..
>
> Make sure your server is actually listening for internet connections.
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/runtime-config.html#RUNTIME-CONFIG-CONNECTION

After which
  netstat -ntl
to verify.