Обсуждение: Image Archiving with postgres

Image Archiving with postgres

От
"Eddy D. Sanchez"
Дата:
Hello Everyone.

I want to scan a large quantity of books and documents and store
these like images, I want use postgres, anyone have experience with
this kind of systems, can you suggest me an opensource solution ??

Thanks.

Re: Image Archiving with postgres

От
Richard Huxton
Дата:
Eddy D. Sanchez wrote:
> Hello Everyone.
>
> I want to scan a large quantity of books and documents and store these
> like images, I want use postgres, anyone have experience with this kind
> of systems, can you suggest me an opensource solution ??

Why do you want to use a database rather than just storing them as
files? What are the main advantages you're seeking?

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd

Re: Image Archiving with postgres

От
Raymond O'Donnell
Дата:
On 28/06/2007 00:58, Eddy D. Sanchez wrote:

> I want to scan a large quantity of books and documents and store these
> like images, I want use postgres, anyone have experience with this kind
> of systems, can you suggest me an opensource solution ??

There have been several lively discussions on this list in the last
eighteen months or so about storing binary files in a database vs
storing them in the filesystem - you may find it useful to have a look
through the archives.

Ray.

rod@iol.ie