Обсуждение: Any Good Postgresql Courses Offered in the US Area?

Any Good Postgresql Courses Offered in the US Area?

От
"Wang, Mary Y"
Дата:
Hi PostgreSQL Community,

Are there any good PostgreSQL courses offered in the US Westcoast area?   Would be great if there is one in California.
Company's budget is tight.  However, if the course is really great (need recommendations from the community), travel
anywhere in the US is OK too.  I need to submit the request to my management ASAP.

Thanks
Please let me know.

Mary

Re: Any Good Postgresql Courses Offered in the US Area?

От
Rich Shepard
Дата:
On Thu, 4 Feb 2010, Wang, Mary Y wrote:

> Are there any good PostgreSQL courses offered in the US Westcoast area?
> Would be great if there is one in California. Company's budget is tight.
> However, if the course is really great (need recommendations from the
> community), travel any where in the US is OK too.  I need to submit the
> request to my management ASAP.

Mary,

   It might help you to get relevant answers if you explain what sort of
training you want or need. Are you a database administrator who needs to
install and maintain postgres with multiple appliations and users? Are you
an application developer who needs to learn SQL? Are you a technical person
who supports postgres users?

Rich

Re: Any Good Postgresql Courses Offered in the US Area?

От
"Wang, Mary Y"
Дата:
Hi Rich,

I'm a database admin who needs to install and maintain postgres for a application.  I'm also an application developer.
Asfor now, I need to have more knowledge about being a Postgresql database admin.  I'm also very interested in the
databaseperformance tuning area.

I do have about three different PostgreSQL books that I use frequently anytime I encountered a problem or need help.
Ofcourse, this community has been great by providing lots of help!!

Mary

> Are there any good PostgreSQL courses offered in the US Westcoast area?
> Would be great if there is one in California. Company's budget is tight.
> However, if the course is really great (need recommendations from the
> community), travel any where in the US is OK too.  I need to submit
> the request to my management ASAP.

Mary,

   It might help you to get relevant answers if you explain what sort of training you want or need. Are you a database
administratorwho needs to install and maintain postgres with multiple appliations and users? Are you an application
developerwho needs to learn SQL? Are you a technical person who supports postgres users?

Rich

Re: Any Good Postgresql Courses Offered in the US Area?

От
Scott Mead
Дата:
Mary,

EnterpriseDB (my employer) runs both public and custom training classes:

http://www.enterprisedb.com/tservices/training/schedule.do

If you're interested, let me know and I'll get you talking to someone asap.

--Scott Mead
scott.mead@enterprisedb.com

On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 12:06 PM, Wang, Mary Y <mary.y.wang@boeing.com> wrote:
Hi Rich,

I'm a database admin who needs to install and maintain postgres for a application.  I'm also an application developer.  As for now, I need to have more knowledge about being a Postgresql database admin.  I'm also very interested in the database performance tuning area.

I do have about three different PostgreSQL books that I use frequently anytime I encountered a problem or need help.  Of course, this community has been great by providing lots of help!!

Mary

> Are there any good PostgreSQL courses offered in the US Westcoast area?
> Would be great if there is one in California. Company's budget is tight.
> However, if the course is really great (need recommendations from the
> community), travel any where in the US is OK too.  I need to submit
> the request to my management ASAP.

Mary,

  It might help you to get relevant answers if you explain what sort of training you want or need. Are you a database administrator who needs to install and maintain postgres with multiple appliations and users? Are you an application developer who needs to learn SQL? Are you a technical person who supports postgres users?

Rich

Re: Any Good Postgresql Courses Offered in the US Area?

От
Greg Smith
Дата:
Wang, Mary Y wrote:
> Are there any good PostgreSQL courses offered in the US Westcoast area?   Would be great if there is one in
California.

There is a list of upcoming training events from various members of the
PostgreSQL community available at
http://www.postgresql.org/about/eventarchive ; there are some in
California in the near future.

greg@2ndQuadrant.com  www.2ndQuadrant.com

Re: Any Good Postgresql Courses Offered in the US Area?

От
Scott Marlowe
Дата:
On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 9:28 AM, Wang, Mary Y <mary.y.wang@boeing.com> wrote:
> Hi PostgreSQL Community,
>
> Are there any good PostgreSQL courses offered in the US Westcoast area?   Would be great if there is one in
California.
> Company's budget is tight.  However, if the course is really great (need recommendations from the community), travel
anywhere in the US is OK too.  I need to submit the request to my management ASAP.

Take a look at the articles on Greg Smith's site. There are soem gems there.

http://www.westnet.com/~gsmith/content/postgresql/

Re: Any Good Postgresql Courses Offered in the US Area?

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
On 02/04/2010 08:28 AM, Wang, Mary Y wrote:
> Hi PostgreSQL Community,
>
> Are there any good PostgreSQL courses offered in the US Westcoast area?   Would be great if there is one in
California.
> Company's budget is tight.  However, if the course is really great (need recommendations from the community), travel
anywhere in the US is OK too.  I need to submit the request to my management ASAP.

> Thanks
> Please let me know.
>
> Mary

Another option is to join a local Postgres User Group. See here for a list:
http://pugs.postgresql.org/

Note: A group just started up in Seattle(http://www.seapug.org/)

--
Adrian Klaver