Обсуждение: about permissions

about permissions

От
Remigiusz Sokolowski
Дата:
hi!
First short explanation:
I create application in php. In scripts I need sometimes check if user has
permissions to for example update values in some table

So question:
How should looks my queryi like?

I mean something like
select pg_class.relacl where relname='cust' and
pg_class.relacl[2]='my_user=arwR'; (this query doesn't work)

and another difficult problem:
I don't know what place in relacl array is occupied by permissions for my
user and of course can't check for string 'myuser=arwR' cause permissions
could be 'arw', 'ar', 'r'.
Naturally I can solve this by taking whole array and processing data in
php, but
I could be really fine to solve this inside postgresTIARem

-------------------------------------------------------------------*------------
Remigiusz Sokolowski      e-mail: rems@gdansk.sprint.pl           * *
-----------------------------------------------------------------*****----------

Re: [SQL] about permissions

От
wieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
Дата:
Remigiusz Sokolowski wrote:

> hi!
> First short explanation:
> I create application in php. In scripts I need sometimes check if user has
> permissions to for example update values in some table
>
> So question:
> How should looks my queryi like?
>
> I mean something like
> select pg_class.relacl where relname='cust' and
> pg_class.relacl[2]='my_user=arwR'; (this query doesn't work)
>
> and another difficult problem:
> I don't know what place in relacl array is occupied by permissions for my
> user and of course can't check for string 'myuser=arwR' cause permissions
> could be 'arw', 'ar', 'r'.
> Naturally I can solve this by taking whole array and processing data in
> php, but
> I could be really fine to solve this inside postgres

    You  can  compile+install PL/Tcl in your database and use the
    function I've included at the end. It's usage is:

    --
    -- PL/Tcl function to verify if a user has specific permissions
    -- on a relation.

    The perms string can be given in any order, so 'awr' is equal
    to   'raw'.   It   follows  the  PostgreSQL  semantics  where
    superusers  bypass  all  access  restrictions,  a  user   not
    explicitly  listed  in  the  acl has the rights of the public
    entry and if there is no acl at all, only the owner has  full
    rights.

    It  does  NOT  handle group permissions up to now. You didn't
    told that you need this functionality too.

    Hope that solves your problem.

Jan

Re: [SQL] about permissions

От
wieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
I wrote:

>     You  can  compile+install PL/Tcl in your database and use the
>     function I've included at the end. It's usage is:

    But forgot to include it :-)

Jan

begin 644 chkperm.sql
M+2T*+2T@4$PO5&-L(&9U;F-T:6]N('1O('9E<FEF>2!I9B!A('5S97(@:&%S
M('-P96-I9FEC('!E<FUI<W-I;VYS"BTM(&]N(&$@<F5L871I;VXN"BTM"BTM
M(%5S86=E.B`@("`@(&-H96-K7W!E<FUI<W-I;VXH<F5L;F%M92QU<V5R;F%M
M92QP97)M<RD*+2T@("`@("`@(`HM+2`@("`@("`@("`@("!P97)M<R!I<R!A
M('-T<FEN9R!C;VYS:7-T:6YG(&]F(&%N>2!C;VUB:6YA=&EO;B!O9B!T:&4*
M+2T@("`@("`@("`@("`@8VAA<F%C=&5R<R!A+'(L=R!A;F0@4B`H4B!M96%N
M<R!254Q%('!E<FUI<W-I;VXI+@HM+0HM+2!2971U<FYS.B`@("!T<G5E(&EF
M('5S97(@:&%S($%,3"!P97)M:7-S:6]N<PHM+2`@("`@("`@("`@("!F86QS
M92!I9B!A="!L96%S="!O;F4@<&5R;6ES<VEO;B!I<R!M:7-S:6YG"BTM"BTM
M($5X8V5P=&EO;G,Z(&=E;F5R871E<R!A;B!E<G)O<B!I9B!T:&4@<F5L871I
M;VX@;W(@:70G<R!O=VYE<@HM+2`@("`@("`@("`@("!A<F5N)W0@9F]U;F0@
M:6X@=&AE('-Y<W1E;2!C871A;&]G<PHM+0I#4D5!5$4@1E5.0U1)3TX@8VAE
M8VM?<&5R;6ES<VEO;B`H;F%M92P@;F%M92P@=&5X="D@4D5455).4R!B;V]L
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M;F%M92`](%Q<)#$)"0D)"0E<7`H)"0D)("!!3D0@0RYR96QO=VYE<B`](%4N
M=7-E<WES:60B"0D)"5Q<"@D)"7MN86UE?5T*"7T*"@DC"@DC($=E="!R96QA
M=&EO;B!O=VYE<BP@86-L(&QI<W0@86YD(&EF('5S97(@:7,@82!S=7!E<G5S
M97(*"2,*"7-E="!N(%MS<&E?97AE8W`@+6-O=6YT(#$@)$=$*'!L86XI(%ML
M:7-T("0Q75T*"6EF('LD;B`A/2`Q?2!["@D)96QO9R!%4E)/4B`B<F5L871I
M;VX@)#$@;W(@=7-E<B`D,B!D;V5S(&YO="!E>&ES="(*"7T*"@DC"@DC(%-U
M<&5R=7-E<G,@8GEP87-S(&%L;"!P97)M:7-S:6]N<PH)(PH):68@>UMS=')I
M;F<@8V]M<&%R92`D<W5P97)U<V5R(")T(ET@/3T@,'T@>PH)"7)E='5R;B!T
M"@E]"@H)(PH)(R!)9B!T:&5R92!I<R!N;R!A8VP@;&ES="!T:&4@;W=N97(@
M:&%S(&9U;&P@<FEG:'1S"@DC"@EI9B![(5MI;F9O(&5X:7-T<R!A8VQ=?2![
M"@D):68@>UMS=')I;F<@8V]M<&%R92`D;W=N97(@)#)=(#T](#!]('L*"0D)
M<F5T=7)N('0*"0E](&5L<V4@>PH)"0ER971U<FX@9@H)"7T*"7T*"@DC"@DC
M($EN('1H92!L;V]P(&)E;&]W+"!P=6)L:6,@:7,@=')E871E9"!A<R!E;7!T
M>2!U<V5R(&YA;64*"2,@<V\@:70@=VEL;"!M871C:"!T:&4@(CTN+BXB(&5N
M=')Y(&EN('1H92!A8VP@;&ES="X*"2,*"6EF('M;<W1R:6YG(&-O;7!A<F4@
M)#(@(G!U8FQI8R)=(#T](#!]('L*"0ES970@,B`B(@H)?0H*"2,*"2,@4F5M
M;W9E('1H92!S=7)R;W5N9&EN9R!C=7)L>2!B<F%C97,@9G)O;2!T:&4@86-L
M(&QI<W0*"2,*"7)E9W-U8B`B7EQ<>R(@)&%C;"`B(B!A8VP*"7)E9W-U8B`B
M7%Q]7%PD(B`D86-L("(B(&%C;`H*"2,*"2,@17AT<F%C="!T:&4@86-L(&5N
M=')Y('=E(&QO;VL@9F]R(&%N9"!R96UE;6)E<B!P=6)L:6,*"2,@<&5R;6ES
M<VEO;G,@;VX@=&AE(&9L>0H)(PH)<V5T('!U8FQI8R`B(@H)<V5T('!E<FUS
M("`B(@H)<V5T(&9O=6YD("`P"@EF;W)E86-H(&%C;&4@6W-P;&ET("1A8VP@
M+%T@>PH)"6EF('M;<F5G97AP(")<7"(H7%Q;7CU<7%TJ*3TH7%Q;7EQ<(EQ<
M72HI7%PB(B`D86-L92![?2!U('!=?2!["@D)"6EF('M;<W1R:6YG(&-O;7!A
M<F4@)'4@(B)=(#T](#!]('L*"0D)"7-E="!P=6)L:6,@)'`*"0D)?0H)"0EI
M9B![6W-T<FEN9R!C;VUP87)E("1U("0R72`]/2`P?2!["@D)"0ES970@<&5R
M;7,@)'`*"0D)"7-E="!F;W5N9"`Q"@D)"0EB<F5A:PH)"0E]"@D)?0H)?0H)
M:68@>R$D9F]U;F1]('L*"0ES970@<&5R;7,@)'!U8FQI8PH)?0H*"2,*"2,@
M3F]W(&-H96-K('1H870@86QL('1H92!R97%U97-T960@;6]D97,@87)E('-E
M=`H)(PH)9F]R96%C:"!C:&L@6W-P;&ET("0S("(B72!["@D):68@>UMS=')I
M;F<@9FER<W0@)&-H:R`D<&5R;7-=(#P@,'T@>PH)"0ER971U<FX@9@H)"7T*
M"7T*"@DC(`H)(R!!;&P@;6]D97,@<V5T("T@=7-E<B!H87,@=&AE(')E<75E
M<W1E9"!P97)M:7-S:6]N<PH)(PH)<F5T=7)N('0*)R!,04Y'54%'12`G<&QT
&8VPG.PH*
`
end

Re: [SQL] about permissions

От
Remigiusz Sokolowski
> I wrote:
>
> >     You  can  compile+install PL/Tcl in your database and use the
> >     function I've included at the end. It's usage is:
>
>     But forgot to include it :-)
>

> Jan

thanks - I'll try it.
You mention about checking also group permissions -
here question, cause I need it also.
When postgres checks permissions of any user, I mean, it checks
for example firstly if this user has permissions to table and after
searches for groups in which this user is listed and checks permissions of
this groups - are there any functions to do this?
Sorry for querying You about simple things, but I really know very little
about programmingRem
-------------------------------------------------------------------*------------
Remigiusz Sokolowski      e-mail: rems@gdansk.sprint.pl           * *

Re: [SQL] about permissions

От
Remigiusz Sokolowski

>     You  can  compile+install PL/Tcl in your database and use the
>     function I've included at the end. It's usage is:

Could You point me where to find sources of PL/Tcl?
I search for it, but without result (I need it for 6.3.2 ver)
I don't look at distribution - is there those ?TIARem