Обсуждение: Default column titles in a select...

Default column titles in a select...

От
Axel Schlueter
Дата:
Hi,

maybe it's a novice question, but I stumpled across
the following problem and couldn't find a solution:

create table c(    atext  varchar
);

create table a(    objid  smallint,
)INHERITS(c);

create table b(    objid  smallint,
)INHERITS(c);

insert into a values(1,'foobar');
insert into b values(1,'carcddr');

When doing the following select statement:   select * from a,b where a.objid=b.objid
postgresql returns four columns labeled   objid  atext  objid  atext
instead of what I expected:   a.objid  a.atext  b.objid  b.atext

With the current result I'm unable to differentiate
between the two 'atext' column. Is there any possibility
to get column headers including the table name in the
result ?

Bye,   Axel
--
"The virus spreads using a Microsoft
vulnerability known as 'MS SQL Server'"

Re: Default column titles in a select...

От
greg@turnstep.com
Дата:

Re: Default column titles in a select...

От
Bruno Wolff III
Дата:
On Wed, Feb 19, 2003 at 15:25:41 +0100, Axel Schlueter <axel@pqrs.de> wrote:

> When doing the following select statement:
>    select * from a,b where a.objid=b.objid
> postgresql returns four columns labeled
>    objid  atext  objid  atext
> instead of what I expected:
>    a.objid  a.atext  b.objid  b.atext

Use something like:
select a.objid as "a.objib", a.atext as "a.atext", b.objid as "b.objid", b.atext as "b.atext" from a,b where
a.objid=b.objid;

Re: Default column titles in a select...

От
Christoph Haller

> When doing the following select statement:
>     select * from a,b where a.objid=b.objid
> postgresql returns four columns labeled
>     objid  atext  objid  atext
> instead of what I expected:
>     a.objid  a.atext  b.objid  b.atext
>
> With the current result I'm unable to differentiate
> between the two 'atext' column. Is there any possibility
> to get column headers including the table name in the
> result ?

SELECT a.objid AS a_objid, a.atext AS a_atext, b.objid AS b_objid,
b.atext AS b_atextFROM a, b WHERE a.objid=b.objid ;

Does this help? Probably not really.

Regards, Christoph