Обсуждение: conversion of numeric field from MSSQL to postgres

conversion of numeric field from MSSQL to postgres

От
Kenneth Gonsalves
Дата:
hi,

am migrating a database from MSSQL to postgres. How would i migrate
this:

[Id] [numeric](18, 0) IDENTITY (1, 1)

--
regards

Kenneth Gonsalves
Associate, NRC-FOSS
lawgon@au-kbc.org
http://nrcfosshelpline.in/web/

Re: conversion of numeric field from MSSQL to postgres

От
Daniel CAUNE

It seems that you've already asked for this question last Sunday, and
because your question is somewhat deterministic, the answers are more likely
to be the same.  Check your previous e-mails.

--
Daniel

Re: conversion of numeric field from MSSQL to postgres

От
Richard Broersma Jr
Дата:
> It seems that you've already asked for this question last Sunday, and
> because your question is somewhat deterministic, the answers are more likely
> to be the same.  Check your previous e-mails.

actually I am get duplicate emails like this one across the various PG lists.  Perhaps someone
else is resending these email?

Regards,

Richard Broersma Jr.

Re: conversion of numeric field from MSSQL to postgres

Дата:
Richard Broersma Jr <rabroersma@yahoo.com> writes:
> actually I am get duplicate emails like this one across the various PG lists.  Perhaps someone
> else is resending these email?

The usual mechanism is

* newbie sends question
* newbie gets response indicating that message is being held for moderator approval because he's not subscribed
* newbie subscribes and reposts question, which people answer
* eventually, list moderator cleans out the queue and approves the original question

It's not really a duplicate, but it looks like one.

This could be fixed if someone wanted to improve the moderation software
to auto-approve pending messages from someone who's just subscribed, but
perhaps that's a lot of work.  I haven't looked at that code, so I'm not
volunteering ...
        regards, tom lane

Re: conversion of numeric field from MSSQL to postgres

От
Richard Broersma Jr
Дата:
> This could be fixed if someone wanted to improve the moderation software
> to auto-approve pending messages from someone who's just subscribed, but
> perhaps that's a lot of work.  I haven't looked at that code, so I'm not
> volunteering ...

Thats not a problem.  I was surprised to see your name in a man pages for other command line
utilities un-related to postgresql.  So I would expect that you have enough to do in the mean time
besides altering the moderation software. :-)

Regards,

Richard Broersma Jr.

Re: conversion of numeric field from MSSQL to postgres

От
Andrew Sullivan
Дата:
On Fri, Oct 20, 2006 at 09:01:15PM -0700, Richard Broersma Jr wrote:
> actually I am get duplicate emails like this one across the various PG lists.  Perhaps someone
> else is resending these email?

More likely, this happened:

1.  person sent mail to list, got bounced because not subscribed.
2.  person subscribed
3.  person sent mail
4.  anti-dup filter didn't catch the dup mail
5.  second mail goes through
6.  moderator approves original mail
7.  mail shows up again.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
The fact that technology doesn't work is no bar to success in the marketplace.    --Philip Greenspun