Обсуждение: Event item duplication

Event item duplication

От
Bruce Momjian
Дата:
I see some duplicate text in the body of the events items, particularly
ch/open and big nerd ranch.  Would someone fix those?  Thanks.

Re: Event item duplication

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
Bruce,

> I see some duplicate text in the body of the events items, particularly
> ch/open and big nerd ranch.  Would someone fix those?  Thanks.

Um, ch/open?   Can you be more clear, please?

--
-Josh Berkus
 "A developer of Very Little Brain"

Re: Event item duplication

От
Bruce Momjian
Дата:
Josh Berkus wrote:
> Bruce,
>
> > I see some duplicate text in the body of the events items, particularly
> > ch/open and big nerd ranch.  Would someone fix those?  Thanks.
>
> Um, ch/open?   Can you be more clear, please?

Sorry, I meant to add the URL:

    http://www.postgresql.org/events/210.html

Is the summary text always added to the main text or did I duplicate it
when copying?

Re: Event item duplication

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
Bruce,

> Is the summary text always added to the main text or did I duplicate it
> when copying?

Hmmm.   I don't see the duplication.

--
-Josh Berkus

                                        Josh Berkus
    Enterprise vertical business        josh@agliodbs.com
     and data analysis solutions        (415) 752-2500
      and database optimization           fax 752-2387
  utilizing Open Source technology      San Francisco

Re: Event item duplication

От
Bruce Momjian
Дата:
Josh Berkus wrote:
> Bruce,
>
> > Is the summary text always added to the main text or did I duplicate it
> > when copying?
>
> Hmmm.   I don't see the duplication.

I see this:

    Core member Bruce Momjian will be presenting at the three-day ch/open
    conference in Zurich, Switzerland.
    Core member Bruce Momjian will be presenting at the three-day ch/open
    conference in Zurich, Switzerland:

    http://www.ch-open.ch/wstage/index.html

at this:

    http://www.postgresql.org/events/210.html

Re: Event item duplication

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
Bruce,

>     Core member Bruce Momjian will be presenting at the three-day ch/open
>     conference in Zurich, Switzerland.
>     Core member Bruce Momjian will be presenting at the three-day ch/open
>     conference in Zurich, Switzerland:
>
>     http://www.ch-open.ch/wstage/index.html
>
> at this:
>
>     http://www.postgresql.org/events/210.html

This is very odd.  When I look at the entry in the editor, there is no
duplication.   Robert?

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions

Re: Event item duplication

От
Robert Treat
Дата:
On Wed, 2004-08-11 at 12:23, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Bruce,
>
> >     Core member Bruce Momjian will be presenting at the three-day ch/open
> >     conference in Zurich, Switzerland.
> >     Core member Bruce Momjian will be presenting at the three-day ch/open
> >     conference in Zurich, Switzerland:
> >
> >     http://www.ch-open.ch/wstage/index.html
> >
> > at this:
> >
> >     http://www.postgresql.org/events/210.html
>
> This is very odd.  When I look at the entry in the editor, there is no
> duplication.   Robert?

I noticed the same thing last night and figured someone was editing
it... well, for some reason the event page is not rebuilding properly,
though I don't see anything particularly wrong with it...Dave, do you
see anything in the logs?  I've manually hacked it for now, let's see if
the problem comes back.

Robert Treat

Re: Event item duplication

От
"Dave Page"

It's caused by this:

  // The following line was added by Devrim on July, 29th, 2003
  if ($summary != $details) {
    $data .= str_replace("\n", "<br>", $summary);
    $data .= "<br>";
  }
  $data .= str_replace("\n", "<br>", $details);

In other words, unless the summary is identical to the main body, it
will display both. I'm not sure why Devrim added that, but there was
probably what seemed like a good reason at the time.

I've changed it to only display the summary if there is no body (as per
the news).

Regards, Dave.