Обсуждение: not able to post

not able to post

От
Joe Conway
Дата:

Re: not able to post

Дата:
Joe Conway <joe.conway@credativ.com> writes:
> I've sent two messages, two times each, in the past 12 hours to the
> hackers list and they have not shown up. Am I caught up in some kind
> of moderation queue for some reason or is there some general issue
> with the list?

Are you sending using your subscribed address?  I don't recall having
seen you post from "credativ.com" before.
        regards, tom lane

Re: not able to post

От
Joe Conway
Дата:

Re: not able to post

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
Joe Conway wrote:

> On 04/06/2013 12:29 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
> > Joe Conway <joe.conway@credativ.com> writes:
> >> I've sent two messages, two times each, in the past 12 hours to
> >> the hackers list and they have not shown up. Am I caught up in
> >> some kind of moderation queue for some reason or is there some
> >> general issue with the list?
> >
> > Are you sending using your subscribed address?  I don't recall
> > having seen you post from "credativ.com" before.
>
> Actually I think both are subscribed, but I was sending from
> mail@joeconway.com and decided to try this one since the other was not
> working.

There are no pending moderation messages from you in pgsql-hackers.

If lack of subscription is the problem, you should have gotten a
"stalled" notice from Mj2.  Since evidently you didn't, I think the
problem must be elsewhere; perhaps your messages are being dropped by
the antispam mechanism.  But then you should have gotten a failed
delivery notification.  Do you happen to have logs of your mail server
showing your message being delivered?

Re: not able to post

От
Joe Conway
Дата:

Re: not able to post

От
Joe Conway
Дата:

Re: not able to post

От
Joe Conway
Дата:
On 04/06/2013 08:35 AM, Joe Conway wrote:
> configuration that made the blacklister conclude I had an infected
> machine. Since it came from my public IP address, my real mail server
> got blacklisted at CBL. I have just requested to delist and set up a
> firewall rule to prevent outgoing port 25 except from my mail server
> (based on recommendation from CBL). Hopefully that will prevent me
> from getting listed again.

That seems to have been the issue. Now a few hours after requesting
delist, my email went straight through to the hackers list. Sorry for
the noise.

Joe

--
Joseph E Conway